12th April 2017 Week 3 Goodbye MTC Hello Adelaide Mission

I am amazed at just how much I have changed in the last two and a half weeks. Elder Porio and I feel like we have improved into different people. By the end of my mission I think I'll be a very different person.
Being here in the MTC has been so amazing, and I have felt the Spirit so much, strongly and often. My testimony has grown and I'm so happy here.

Elder Porio and I are singing a duet for the devotional on the 9th April, and then we will sing as a district too. I'm going to miss singing with these Elders!

General Conference was incredible, I loved all of the talks, and feel blessed to know that this Church is truly lead by living Prophets and Apostles. I have learned so much from their words and have had my own witness that what they teach to us is truth.

It's really funny how the missionaries in my district say that if it wasn't for me being an Elder they would call me 'Chief' because I don't let any disobedience happen. We decided that as a reminder to each other of our call and responsibility we would tap our badges if we started to get too jokey or said something not consistent with our calling. They all joke that I'm the first to keep them all in line.
I want to be the best missionary I can possibly be. I love Jesus Christ so very much.

I left the MTC on Wednesday the 12th April and flew to Adelaide with Elder Maliu and Sister Lousi who are also serving in Adelaide. It was great to travel with other missionaries instead of alone.

We were welcomed at the airport by President and Sister Parker.

I am super excited to be here now,and to go to my first area with a companion and get to work.
I will write as soon as I am able but I'mnot sure when that will be.

I love you Mum and Dad and family. I love the Gospel - I love the Lord.

Love from

Elder Maddock

Comments